Monday, February 01, 2010

2010- No Monoliths just crap TV


I remember watching the sci-fi film 2010 when I was in my late teens and thinking how far in the future 2010 seemed, i'm sure I must have pondered what a ripe old bastard i would be if i made it to that date!


Well here I am, February 2010, I'm 36, proper old to the eyes of a teenager.


Its 2010 and there are no Monoliths hanging over earth ( see film 2010 ), there are no flying cars nor household robots and humanity is more stupid now as it was a century ago.


In fact one look at 21st century television and its hard to believe we are evolving at all; see Big Brother, I'm a amoeboid get me outta here or Strictly Unfathomable.


Its seems to me that without a massive and urgent trans-global indulgence in psychedelic drugs its all downhill from here.


All anybody under 30 seem to care about are Ipods, Iphones and Celebrity Worship, they dont even know who William Burroughs or terrence McKenna were! ( scoff ; 0 )


Well the Mayans predicted something big in 2012 and I'm starting to think they may be onto something.


If human conciousness is a snake ; " its time to shed your skin ".












No comments: